21.2.09

Someday

So I've been thinking a lot about somedays (hence my last post). Why I put certain things off, why I do other things immediately, why I want something so badly, and then when it comes right down to it, I can't seem to take action to do what needs to be done. I have a wonderful life. I have been blessed with so many things. Sometimes I think too many. But there is responsibility that comes with those privileges (think this scripture). And I feel like I've been taking all my blessings for granted. Now is my time to act. So... I'm searching. Trying to find my niche, my way to give something beautiful to the world. The day that I posted this, a little gift popped up on my igoogle: "How to Cure Someday Syndrome." So I read. I was pleasantly surprised. They actually had some good tips, and if anything it got me thinking about what I do/try to do/want to do to make my somedays go away. I'm reminded of this talk, something I need to memorize as a permanent mantra. On tuesday this man spoke, and it was excellent. Just one more reminder to do something today.

Someday is no good. It just makes us disappointed in ourselves, and stops us from becoming who we are really meant to become.

No more somdays for me (ok, let's be realistic here, a few less somedays for me),
M

No comments: