19.3.09

always

I've always dreamed of working in an office. A tall, glossy building with a revolving door and a security guard up front. A spotless, white, chic office. People everywhere, busily going about their important work and me... sitting in an office with glass walls, a neat desk and my own assistant. Each day I attend meetings with important board members and I wow them with my passion, determination and innovation.

Ok, ok want to know the real reason why I want to work in the office?
clothes. Tailored suits, oh! Crisp white collared shirts, pencil skirts, high heels, chic nylons, designer bags to hold all those important proposals. Structured Jackets, dresses, coats and gloves to keep my hands warm as I walk to the office in the city. If I could just hold it all. Just rub my cheek against the silk, wool, cashmere. Lovely. Simple lovely.

Although I’m not this bad, Oh to have an excuse to pay the price for this and wear this or these or this! Occasionally I can’t resist. We are not talking designer here, but still. But then my lovely item sits in my closet waiting for the sporadic occasion in which I can wear it. Sometimes I just wear the beauties because I cannot contain myself, but I feel like a little kid playing adult.

One day. One day I want to have a real reason to wear this. Remind me why I’m not a business major? Oh, because you don’t pick your major based on clothes. Dang it.

No comments: