Hey guess what?
I'm from Provo.
I know that when I say that around the BYU crowd I am automatically judged. But guess what again? I actually like living here and I think you should too. Sure, I absolutely agree that Provo has its downsides, but it has way more upsides than most people give it credit for.
First of all, the Provo that you hate is the BYU bubble Provo. But there is more to Provo than the bubble. Real people actually live here and they are quirky and charming and dare I say diverse (well, relatively speaking of course). Mostly I think people hate on Provo because they think they are supposed to hate on Provo. But guess what again again? You don't have to.
Being from Provo, I've done a lot of great things here, but I decided that this summer (as in summers past) I'm really going to live it up. I've already begun my summer adventures and I plan to continue making the most of this little college town and the surrounding area.
A couple of weeks ago I hiked Squaw Peak with some friends. As the view met my eyes, I couldn't help but feel so lucky that I live in this place and that these experiences are so easily accessible to me.
Want suggestions of great things to do in the area? Just let me know. If you want to join in on the fun, just let me know too.
(I sound like a PSA, but whatever. I don't care)
love your little Provo girl,
M
1 comment:
I used to have the Provo-is-lame outlook, but now that I've graduated and still live here I'm loving it so much! It makes me so mad now when people don't get how great it is here. I hope you blog about the fun things you do here over the summer, so I can get some ideas! We won't be here much longer and that kind of breaks my heart.
Post a Comment